Ministerial Regulation Concerning Acquiring Thai Nationality
Stipulating Procedures and Fee on an Application for establishing Proof on Thai Nationality, Fatherhood of the Person’s Father of Whom He was born in order to acquire Thai Nationality by Birth.
1. A born or an interested person desiring to establish proof on Thai Nationality Fatherhood of his/her father in order to acquire Thai Nationality by Birth shall submit an application to a competent official in accordance with the form prescribed by the Minister or published in the Government Gazette together with the supporting documents as follows:
(1) Photographs: one each of 4×6 centimeter size – face photographer with no hat on the born person and his/ her father in the case where the appearance of his/her father is obvious or photograph of his/her father can be found.
(2) Registration evidence of the born person and his/her father consisting of House Register, a copy of Thai National ID Card or other document issued by an official organization bearing the photograph and Thai National ID Card Number of the born person and his/her father, Certificate of Birth or Letter of Certification on the Birth or other document issued by an official organization containing the particulars on the first and last name of the father and mother of the born person, (if any).
In the case where the evidence under paragraph one are made in a foreign country, the application shall have the evidence authenticated and such evidence translated, as well, into Thai in accordance with Ministry of Foreign Affairs Regulation Governing the Authentication of Document.
2. On submission of an application under this Ministerial Regulation,
(1) If the applicant’s residence is in the Bangkok Metropolis, the application shall be submitted to the Director of the respective Area Office at the Office of the Area (Khet) in which the applicant is residing.
(2) If the applicant’s residence is in another province, the application shall be submitted to the District Officer or Assistant District Officer being the Chief of the District Branch at the respective District Office or District Branch Office in which the applicant is residing.
(3) If the applicant’s residence is in a foreign country, the application shall be submitted to the assigned Royal Thai Embassy or Consular official at the Office of the Royal Thai Embassy, Royal Thai Consulate General or Ministry of Foreign Affairs organization called by the other name that performs the same duty as that of the Royal Thai Embassy and Royal Thai Consulate General having the territory or consular territory in such particular country.